Monday, February 9, 2009

Christmas 2009











Christmas was very different for us this year we stayed home alone. We were able to start a few new traditions that were very special to us. Christmas eve I made a big fancy dinner. I even ironed the linen table cloth. I got Grandma Kearls china out. The kids thought it was way cool to drink sparkling cider from a tea cup. They also loved that we ate by candle light. Even though we had to re-light the candles numerous times because they had to test whether they had asthma. And yes we did have one child who need to see if they could light their napkin on fire! I made a huge 16 pound turkey that we ate about 1/16 th of. Christmas morning we tried a new game also. We played spin the bottle, who ever the bottle landed on had to choose someone to go next to open a gift. Then the person who opened the gift would spin next. We all got to see and enjoy eachothers gifts it was not so crazy! The kids actually loved it and asked if we could do it that way always. Christmas day I sat in my jammies and watched movies until late afternoon. Ten we went to Fish Haven to Grandma and granpa kearls for Christmas dinner. While we were there having dinner it snowed 5 inches. We rode home in Rich's little car in not so good road conditions it was a long drive home! All in All we had a fabulous Christmas. I loved that it was more simple and we were able to focus more on family and the love our savior brought into the world and our home.

1 comment:

grapeape said...

wow, that's really cool that you've already had your Christmas for the year 2009...... ha, ha!! :)