Thursday, May 15, 2008

Mothers Day Bliss?





I went to salt lake city for mothers day to be with my mom and sister in laws. I worked two days straight for 10 hours straight. Wow was I grateful for other moms in my life that help raise my children. I had so much fun doing that much hair uninterrupted. If you have never been a work from home mom I don't think you can fully appreciate how wonderful it is to work without interruptions. Anyway I am truly grateful for the others in my life that took care of my children for me. It is so hard to be a mom especially in todays world, so I hope us moms can remember we were not intended to do it alone build your support network and use eachother. Quit feeling guilty all the time. Hey here's my advise. Do you want my advise? Well I am going to give it anyway. number one to be a better mom QUIT feeling quilty. NO one else could be a mother to your children better than you can. No one else's bed was made today. No one else had dinner on time. NO one else read to their children 20 minutes today. You do the best you can do. And remember it does not matter how hard you try when your kids are grown they will probably still say that you screwed up raising them! Just like we say about our parents. LOL! Rule number two. SIMPLIFY. You can not do it all. Nor will doing it all make you a better family or mother. Making your kids part of every group will not make them more social, successful, or smarter! So enjoy your children they are only in your home for so long!

Okay I love being a mom! I love the person I have become, and the things I have learned. but on a less selfish note, I love my kids they bring such joy and serving them makes me joyful(most of the time except when I lose it!) Not to be to cliche' but my children Complete me!

4 comments:

Holly said...

What wisdom!! Thanks for the advise! you are great Amy!

Holly said...

And what cute kids you have!

Amanda said...

Amy I love ya! That was great- thanks for sharing.. and everyone loves my hair! Thanks!

Marci said...

Look how your kids are growing up. Wow!! Great pics! Fun to see how much your kids look like you, I don't have that luxury! They both look like their dad. Sounds like all is well with you. We should cht soon.