Tuesday, April 29, 2008

CHANCE'S BIRTHDAY APRIL 27 four years old






What a fun day my baby turned four today. Every time I passed him I told him "Hey chance, Happy Birthday." He would get the biggest grin on his face and smile. He loved a day to celebrate Chance! He loves anything superhero right now so He wanted a batman cake, and teenage mutant ninja turtles. Pretty easy to please a four year old. Well mommy could not figure out how to make black frosting, so we love superman too! I have never made frosting from scratch, but those who know me know I am trying to do things from scratch. I got the frosting perfect. Then added liquid food coloring. Then when I put the frosting on the cake it began to run. (note to self use paste food coloring! or make frosting thick and whip liquid coloring in.) Anyway Chance did not seem to care the frosting was slowly sliding off the cake. He walked in the room and beamed at the sight of such a magnificent thing made for him. Sometimes its fun to be a mom!

3 comments:

Lance and Em said...

So cute! Looks like the birthday was great!

Holly said...

Cute cake! Good job Amy! It's obvious by his huge smiles that Chance loves it! He's so sweet! I am glad he had a happy birthday. Sorry we missed it. At least with this blog you could share a little of it with us.

Warner Fam said...

His cake was so cute!! I am impressed you made homeade frosting, I need to be more like you!! I wish we could have all been there for Chancelors Birthday. Love ya!!