Monday, March 29, 2010

Skating in Nana's Basement
















We went to salt lake city this last weekend and the kids brought their skates. They wanted to practice before their first trip to a real skating rink. Aubrey caught on really fast and loves it. Shaylee is going to be cautious and get it right slowyly. Typical of their personalities. Aubrey diving in not thinking ahead or fearing consequences. Shaylee analyzing every way she could get hurt so allowing fear to stand in her way, but she always conquers!! This brought back memories for me of skating in my basement growing up. I loved to skate. I went to the wellington utah skate rink every saturday that I could. They had an old wooden skate floor and rock music. Many saturdays were spent there! One summer I remember even sleeping in my skates. It was easier than taking them on and off because I was just going to skate every where I went. I am so glad to see my girls picking up the sport. Morgan and Natalie wanted to have a tea party instead. no matter we all had fun, and a few scrapes and bruises.

No comments: